Sunday, April 01, 2007

Kirkwood:The best Offense isn't always a good Defense

Kirkwood was the first race I did in my lengthy 2 year racing career. Thanks to Jay my buddy who told me I should give racing a try, lets just say I really enjoyed it. The first time I did the race I got 7th in the Cat 5 and Jim won the race and got a really nice bike trophy. I've since done about 40 races and I've yet to get a trophy(its one of my goals) . I placed 3rd last year at Mt Nebo and was so excited cause I thought I was going to get a bike trophy only to find out no trophies(Disappointed!) :(.

This years Kirkwood was great weather and I really enjoyed the 42 miles.. I do have to say there's no way I would have wanted to do the 82 miles the Cat 1/2 pro field was doing (Eeek). To summarize as a team we are way to defensive. We spent the whole race covering the breaks and really made no attempt to send out an offensive move. Its something we will need to work on to be more successful. I think offensive moves come with confidence in your fitness. I'm starting to get more confident in my fitness and my goal for Mt Joy will be to force an offensive move.

Here's are some cool pic from Steve D. of our club affiliate WCCC. Congrats to Mike, Marty and Kyle with our best finished for the race(Full Results)
Mike C. in the Cat 5



Cat 3/4 race Pics

Jason Pedeling his bike...

Scott and I folling Kevin F. on the yellow brick road

Kevin enojoying the lovely views

Kyle feeling his Oats ready to sprint

Scott and bustin out and sprinting past the Moter pace official. You go